Mum, 26, who made up false rape allegation is jailed after blind victim left 'suicidal' | The Sun
A MUM who falsely claimed a blind man raped her has been jailed after he revealed he was left feeling "suicidal".
Jade Wass, 26, was camping in a tent with her boyfriend when she said she woke up to find the man on top of her.
She claimed the victim, named only as Mr X, made a "cut throat" gesture at her before he launched into the attack.
Wass has now been jailed for two years after she pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice, Teesside Live reports.
Teesside Crown Court heard how Mr X is registered blind and does not normally leave the house due to the condition.
He was also suffering from a hand injury at the time that restricted his movement.
Read more news
Woman who made false rape claims against THREE men is jailed after appeal
Woman who ruined taxi driver’s life with fake rape claim locked up for 3 years
In an emotional victim impact statement, he told the court: "To be labelled as a rapist is one of the worst things imaginable.
"I had suicidal thoughts due to the accusations, not because I felt any guilt – as I absolutely didn't do what she has accused me of – but the thought of the impact this malicious accusation has had on my life, mental health and wellbeing.
"I feared I wouldn't see my son again, it was about three months before I could talk my ex around and she allowed me to have access.
"This accusation almost broke me."
Most read in The Sun
I'M NOT MO
I've been living a lie…my real name is not Mo Farah and I came to UK illegally
I'M NOT MO
Kim & Khloe Kardashian show off REAL bodies in unedited swimsuit snaps
Love Island's Faye Winter looks unrecognisable as she lands huge new job
I'm the fan Nick Kyrgios accused of having '700 drinks'… here's what I'd drank
The court was told how in the days leading up to the false claim, Wass had been heard rowing with her boyfriend who accused her of "fancying" Mr X and "sleeping with him".
The boyfriend was reportedly heard saying: "We're going to get [Mr X], we're going to do something."
On July 8, 2020, Wass called police claiming she was camping outside a home in Teesside when she was attacked by the man.
Mr X was arrested and forced to have swabs taken, leaving him "extremely uncomfortable and embarrassed".
A referral was also made to social services over his son, who he had access to at the time.
Police eventually discovered a swab taken from Wass had "no forensic link" with Mr X and CCTV showed her boyfriend stood outside the tent at the time of the alleged attack, so he was released.
It comes after Wass told in October how she was living in her car after a council house "mix up".
She believed she would be given a new council home after she moved back to Middlesbrough from Birmingham.
But she claimed she was forced to live in her Ford Focus with her partner after they ended up "homeless".
Wass said: “We have human rights. We are vulnerable and have mental health problems.
“We have to open the car door and go to the toilet outside. We’ve got no shower so are just getting changed and not washed.”
The mum-of-two also claimed they had to sell their belongings to pay for food and wash in the "freezing" sea.
Read More on The Sun
Covid restrictions could RETURN with face masks brought back, minister warns
I’m midsize and I’ve found the perfect summer jeans in Primark – they’re £15
In December, she gave an update on her living situation – claiming she was living in a caravan but feared eating Greggs sandwiches for Christmas.
Wass, who said she can't work because she has back problems, receives £500 a month in benefits while her partner was handed an extra £348 in disability.
Source: Read Full Article