British soldier charged with 'slashing Scots pal's throat' in Magaluf | The Sun

A BRITISH soldier has been charged over allegedly slashing a Scots pal's throat with a broken bottle in Magaluf.

Spanish prosecutors are seeking a three-year prison sentence for Sydney Cole over the alleged horror at Bananas nightclub in 2019.

Lance Corporal Sarah Garrity, 26, from Irvine, Ayrshire, was left in intensive care after losing four pints of blood during the incident.

Medics closed the knife wound across her throat with 14 stitches.

Sarah only survived after hero teen Kane Sharman raced to stop the blood gushing from her neck.

Cole, 23, was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide and remanded in prison in Majorca briefly before being released pending an ongoing investigation.

It follows a Mallorcan court issuing a warrant for Cole, a bus driver's daughter from Hertfordshire.

It came after failed attempts by detectives to inform her they wanted to question her again under oath, Ultima Hora reports.

Sources said the judge took action after Cole, who was based at Fort George Barracks in Inverness when she was arrested, changed address without notifying the court.

Sarah, who was serving in the Royal Logistics Corps when she was injured, says she didn't want to press charges following the incident, which happened during an all-day foam party.

Most read in The Sun


Harry & Meg can't agree on how to raise kids with bitter Duke stuck in the past


Shock moment builder tears down extension with chainsaw after 'not being paid'


Tesco AXES branded items at 2,000 shops- see if your nearest is affected


Helen Flanagan ‘secretly dating again’ after heartbreaking marriage split

Cole said she threw a glass on the floor during a fight and shards hit Sarah in the neck.

The Glasgow-born squaddie had her throat cut after trying to intervene in a row between two Cole and another Brit pal named only as Deborah, both of whom she was sharing a hotel room with, it was claimed.

Cole and Deborah had stopped speaking to each other after a 14-hour booze bender and the situation reportedly turned violent after Sarah tried to get the two women to make up.

Scot Deborah had punched Cole in the face and she reacted by pulling her hair, local news site Ultima Hora said.

Deborah is believed to have been questioned by police but her version of events has not yet been made public.

Following the fight, she was remanded in custody for two days before lawyers secured her release from prison.

Sarah was discharged from Son Espases Hospital in Palma after more than 24 hours in intensive care and three days on a general ward.

We pay for your stories and videos! Do you have a story or video for The Scottish Sun? Email us at [email protected] or call 0141 420 5200

Source: Read Full Article

click fraud detection