Ripple Partners With Web3 Design Lab To Promote Use of XRP Ledger (XRPL) in Japan
On Thursday (September 1), Emi Yoshikawa, Ripple’s VP of Corporate Strategy and Operations, talked about an important new strategic partnership for her firm.
Earlier today, Yoshikawa, who has been working at Ripple for nearly six years, tweeted about a new strategic partnership between Ripple Labs (which is headquartered in San Francisco, California) and Web3 Design Lab, which was founded by design and marketing company btrax.
In the above tweet, Yoshikawa mentioned that Ripple supports and promotes “the use of XRP Ledger in the introduction of Web3 by Japanese companies.
She went on to say:
“The XRP Ledger already has various functions, such as token issuance, DEX, and smart contracts under development, so we hope that it will be used in various Web3 use cases in the future! In particular, the point of differentiation of XRP Ledger is that it is an enterprise-grade chain that has been running stably for 10 years.“
btrax Inc., which is also headquartered in San Francisco, said in its press release that it had “established the ‘Web3 Design Lab’ as a new service aimed at revitalizing the Web3 business for Japanese companies in the global market.” Takahito Iguchi, who is the Founder & CEO at Audio Metaverse, Inc., has been “appointed as exclusive advisor to the service.”
Web3 Design Lab says that it “provides design services that realize business transformation by making the most of growth areas such as XR, Metaverse, and NFTs from San Francisco and Silicon Valley, where the world’s most advanced information and technology gather.”
On August 19, Yoshikawa, reported a meeting with the mayor of Fakuoka City and his team at Ripple’s headquarters.
Fukuoka is the capital city of Fukuoka Prefecture in Japan. It is also Japan’s sixth-largest city with a population of around 1.6 million (as of June 2021).
Yoshikawa tweeted about a visit by Mayor Soichiro Takashima and his team to Ripple’s headquarters (in San Francisco). The rough English translation of the Japanese portion of her tweet reads:
“We welcomed Fukuoka City Mayor Soichiro Takashima and his team at Ripple HQ today! Fukuoka is a leading city in #Web3 initiatives in Japan. Today, Mayor Takashima of Fukuoka City and people from the international department visited Ripple’s headquarters! I have high hopes for Fukuoka City, which is actively working on Web3.“
On August 18, Yoshikawa, who is an Adjunct professor at Kyoto University, as well as a founding core member of Kyoto University’s Blockchain Research Center, made a post on LinkedIn that stated:
“I recently sat down with Ripple’s strategic partner SBI’s Tomohiko Kondo to discuss the state of crypto markets in the US and Japan as well as various emerging #Web3 use cases, which was published as a two series article on Forbes Japan.“
Binance Academy, which was officially launched on 11 December 2018, is the educational arm of Binance. On August 24, Binance Academy released a video about XRP — titled “What Is XRP Ledger (XRPL)?｜ Explained for Beginners” — on its YouTube channel .
Here are a few things that this video points out about XRPL and XRP:
- “XRPL is a decentralised public blockchain built with the purpose to enable a world where tokenized value is exchanged as quickly as information. The XRPL is stable, scalable, fast, and energy-efficient. It has continuously confirmed transactions since its deployment in 2012 while supporting more than 1500 transactions per second and transaction speeds of three to five seconds.“
- “Transactions are cheap. The average transaction cost on the XRPL is less than a fraction of a penny.“
- “The XRPL is friendly to our planet. It is the first major blockchain to be certifiably carbon-neutral.“
- “The network uses a federated consensus protocol to confirm transactions in which designated independent servers known as validators must come to an agreement on the order and outcome of XRP transactions. All verified transactions are processed without a single point of failure as no single participant can decide which transactions take priority.“
- “The cryptocurrency native to the XRP Ledger is XRP, a neutral bridge asset that is optimised for payments anywhere. With billions of XRP traded daily, XRP functions as a medium of exchange to facilitate cross-border payments quickly, cheaply, and sustainably. It can also be used to transact on XRP Ledger’s decentralised exchange (DEX) or engage with tokenized assets.“
- “The main applications of the XRP Ledger are payments. Using the XRP Ledger, assets can be moved across the world, enabling near instant money transfers for remittances, treasury payments, payrolls, and other cross-border payments.“
Featured Image via Pixabay
Source: Read Full Article