Mum and lover GUILTY over death of Star Hobson, 1, who was stamped to death – before they tried to blame a TWO-YEAR-OLD

A WOMAN who stomped her lover's 16-month-old baby girl to death then tried pinning the horror on a toddler has been found guilty of murder.

Savannah Brockhill, 28, caused Star Hobson "catastrophic" injuries after inflicting months of brutal abuse.

She and Star's mum Frankie Smith, 20, then waited 15 minutes before calling for help and instead searched Google for "shock in babies" and "how to bring a baby out of shock".

Star died in hospital from blood loss after her inferior vena cava – the largest vein in the body – was torn.

Medics said her injuries were usually only seen in car crash victims and had been caused by either "punches, kicks or stamps".

The tragic tot had also suffered a severe skull fracture and several other fractures to her tibia and ribs leading up to the fatal attack in Keighley, West Yorks.

Star's mum Smith wept today as she was cleared of murder but convicted of causing or allowing the death of a child.

Her partner Brockhill looked sullen as she was found guilty of murder.

Jurors endured harrowing footage of Star looking badly bruised with a swollen cheek and marks to her forehead.

They also watched chilling clips of pub bouncer Brockhill punching and slapping Star with "considerable force" 21 times over a three-hour period.

Most read in The Sun


'Pubs and restaurants could be CLOSED or have entry limits to halt Omicron'


I feel terrible about Christine McGuinness being upset, says Joel Dommett


Frankie Bridge sparks pregnancy rumours as she refuses champagne after IAC exit


Nan blasted for not buying son's stepchild matching Christmas pyjamas

The brutal attack took place in her car – with the forceful blows causing Star to fall out the vehicle at one point.

The crying toddler could also be seen painfully climbing up a flight of stairs while suffering from a broken shin as both women forced her to walk.

In another "disturbing and bizarre" clip, Star was filmed falling from her high chair and hitting the floor as music played over the top.

The monster couple also captured the youngster so exhausted she fell asleep in a bowl of food.

Brockhill had made a number of haunting Google searches in the days before Star's death, asking: "How long can your body last without sleep?"

She also searched "how long can you sit in the cold?" and "what takes bruising and swelling down?"

During Star's final months, Smith "called her names that shouldn't be said to a child" – including "little c***".

She was made to face the wall if she apparently misbehaved and was put in a "choke slam".

Evil Brockhill, who called herself the "number one psycho" would also swing the youngster by her leg as "punishment".

Sickening text exchanges between the two show the grisly methods used on Star if she apparently misbehaved.

In one, Brockhill told Smith to "rip her up" and make her stand in the corner for 20 minutes after the mum sent her a photo of Star crying on a shopfloor.

Smith messaged Brockhill at one stage, saying: "Star keeps crying and I don't know why, it's proper crying. She's proper crying."

Her partner tells her to put the baby in the corner, with Smith telling her she already is.

Brockhill replies: "Good".

Smith also regularly referred to her daughter as "it" in the chilling texts and would send pictures of Star stood in the corner facing the wall.


On September 22 last year, paramedics raced to the home to find Star lifeless, pale and wearing only a nappy.

She was in cardiac arrest and as they attempted CPR, Star vomited "large amounts" of brown material.

Star was airlifted to hospital but sadly couldn't be saved and was declared dead shortly after.

Prosecutor Alistair MacDonald QC said: "The reality is that the injuries suffered by Star were so catastrophic that there never was any real chance of saving her life."

When quizzed by police, Brockhill suggested the injuries were caused by a two-year-old child, which the prosecution branded "absurd".

Medics instead said the "degree of force" inflicted on Star was "so great" it was "quite impossible for the doctors to envisage it could have been inflicted by a child".

Mr MacDonald said: "The effect of such injuries was immediate and heavy bleeding into the abdominal cavity, which caused a catastrophic drop in blood pressure and unconsciousness and death within seconds to minutes.

“The assault or assaults that killed Star clearly involved the use of severe force and were obviously intentional. This little girl suffered no accidental death."


Doctors also discovered a number of "significant injuries" the baby had suffered "at different times during her short life".

This included two fractures to the right shin bone "caused by forceful twisting", a fractured skull and an old brain injury.

In total she had 15 separate injuries to her head and ten bruises to her legs, ankles, feet and toes.

Little Star had been a "happy baby" while living with her great-gran Anita Smith and her partner David Fawcett.

She had moved in with her loved ones as Smith, whose IQ places her at the bottom two per cent of the population for intelligence, was unable to look after her.

The court was told how "very immature" Smith was helped by her family when Star was born as she often "struggled" and was "lazy and neglectful".

She then began a relationship with Brockhill in Christmas 2019 before they moved into a new flat in Keighley together in June last year.

In April last year, Star was ripped from the loving home and sent back to live with her mum and "toxic" Brockhill at their house of horrors.


David noted how the baby became "lost her spark" and became "depressed".

She was covered in bruises all over her little body – with desperate David posting pictures of her injuries on Facebook.

He said: "I was so concerned about Star. I wanted to show other people as well what was going on."

Both Anita and David reported their concerns to social services but it was never followed up.

The great-gran told social workers "our Star will end up dead" in May 2020 but the case was closed and Smith was never interviewed.

Other relatives also referred Star to social services on a further two occasions as well as contacting police.

They sent officers photos of bruising on the tot's face, neck and ear but she remained in the care of Smith and Brockhill.

Horrified friends also told how the couple would tell them "dirty" Star's bruises were from "falls" before even saying hello when they saw the tot.

After the referrals were made, Anita was branded a "weirdo" and "freak" and their access to Star was restricted.

Her heartbroken family were even banned from attending her funeral after Smith cut contact with them.

Star's death came just months after Arthur Labinjo-Hughes was tortured to death by his stepmum Emma Tustin and dad Thomas Hughes.

Boris Johnson has now vowed to bring in a new “Arthur’s Law” so evil child killers will die behind bars.

The Prime Minister told The Sun: “Anyone who plans then carries out the murder of a child should never be released from prison.

“So we’re toughening the law to make whole-life orders the starting point for such abhorrent crimes.”

Smith and Brockhill will be sentenced tomorrow.

    Source: Read Full Article

    click fraud detection