'Kind and caring' boy, 14, who 'lit up every room' dies suddenly as family left reeling
THE family of a "kind and caring" 14-year-old boy who "lit up every room" have been left reeling after his sudden death.
Kai Lloyd, a pupil at Connah's Quay High School in Flintshire, Wales, tragically died on Friday, the headteacher announced in a heartbreaking letter to parents.
Amanda Harrison revealed the "heartache" of the pupils and staff after hearing the news.
According to North Wales Live, she said: "Our thoughts go immediately to members of this learner’s family, and words cannot adequately express the shock and pain which has stricken them.
“I have spoken with Dad, and, even as a parent myself, cannot begin to express the utter heartbreak felt.
"As a school community we will gradually now begin to process this information and our sense of loss will be palpable over the coming days I am certain.
"Grief can manifest itself in many ways, and over a long period of time."
Mrs Harrison said the school will offer professional support to pupils who feel they need it.
She said: "Connah's Quay High School is a family. Our family is hurting but we will support each other to ensure that we come through this heartache."
In a post on Facebook, Kai's mum, Lisa, said: "Our hearts are well and truly broken, we love you so much Kai, you will forever be our baby boy."
A fundraiser has also been set up to give the "family a helping hand with Kai’s funeral costs and other expenses during this heartbreaking time".
Sian Bland, who set up the JustGiving page, said: "Kai Lloyd was a very much loved son and brother.
"Kai lit up every room he walked in. He had a fun character and his smile was infectious and when he smiled, he made other people smile”
"Those that knew Kai know he was genuine, kind and loving."
More than £6,500 has been raised so far.
At 5.30pm today, Kai's family will be releasing balloons with messages for the teenager from the Navy Club in Connah’s Quay.
His mum said: "All are welcome to come, if you don’t want to send a balloon maybe a candle can be lit for him."
Kai's cause of death has not been disclosed.
Source: Read Full Article