Your ultimate guide to grilling products in 2021, including discounts on our favorite grills and accessories
If you buy through our links, we may earn money from affiliate partners. Learn more.
- If you love good food and warm weather, grill season may be the highlight of your year.
- We rounded up our favorite grilling guides to help you set up and start cooking.
- We also highlighted the best deals on grills and grill accessories this season.
In honor of grill season, we’ve gathered all of our grill resources in one place. Along with our guides to the best grills and gear, we have a running list of sales and exclusive discounts on our favorite grilling products.
We’ve assembled and tested dozens upon dozens of grills from age-old charcoal kettle grills to state-of-the-art Bluetooth-controlled pellet grills and smokers. That, along with just as many interviews with experts, we’ve learned a few things:
1. You — yes, you! — can grill just about anything you’d eat, so don’t think grilling has to be a meat-centric, testosterone-driven affair: Cauliflower and courgettes are worth lighting up the grill every bit as much as sirloins and sausages.
2. Grilling doesn’t have to take forever: With the right equipment, it can be hardly more of a time investment than preheating an oven or priming a cast-iron skillet on the stove.
3. A good thermometer is everything: Whether you’re a novice or you fancy yourself an amateur expert, grilling doesn’t have to be guesswork, and there’s no substitute for a temperature probe.
Grilling is what you make of it. There’s a lot of false mysticism around how to grill meat specifically, and no shortage of sorcery and folklore about measuring doneness — another reason people shy away from the task. Fortunately, with the right gear, grilling can be fun and easy. We’ve got you covered with all our favorite grill equipment and accessories.
Here are our favorite resources to help you get grilling this spring:
All the grilling deals and discounts happening now
- The Home Depot: Savings of up to 40% on select grills.
- Lowe’s: Save up to $150 on select pellet grills.
- Walmart: Select grills and grilling accessories on sale.
- Target: Save on select grills and accessories.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Select savings for Beyond+ members or take 20% off select grilling products with coupon.
- Traeger: Free grill cover and pellets with select grill purchases.
- ThermoWorks: Save 30% when you buy two or more of the Thermapen Mk4, our top-rated meat thermometer.
- Wayfair: Save hundreds of dollars on grills, smokers, and outdoor cooking appliances.
- Overstock: Save up to 20% on select grills and outdoor cooking accessories.
The best charcoal grills
The 5 best charcoal grills
The best charcoal for grilling
Review: The IG Charcoal Grill, a weatherproof workhorse
Charcoal grilling is about as elemental as it gets, save for maybe an open hardwood fire, and to many of us, there’s little else in this world that elicits the smell of summer.
A good charcoal grill doesn’t have to be fancy. In the end, it’s one of those things that’s best made with robust parts, and not too many frills. We tried out a lot of charcoal grills, and and have picks for solid, well-built models in every size and price range.
Here are some of our favorites charcoal grills:
The 5 best gas grills in 2021
There’s a reason legendary butcher Pat LaFrieda endorsed this at-home overhead grill
Gas grills, be they propane or natural gas, are among the more convenient options out there, and while a basic one is often the best choice for many people, it’s worth considering different designs that incorporate flat-tops, smokers, and one of our favorites, the overhead broiler.
Here are some of our favorite gas grills:
The 5 best BBQ smokers in 2021
Smokers come in all shapes, sizes, and forms. The best for you depends on how much time and space you want to dedicate to the task, and whether you see it as a hobby or a chore. You’ll also want to consider flavor: While electric smokers are considerably easier and lower-maintenance, hardwood, charcoal, and pellet smokers tend to offer considerably more smokey flavor.
A great smoker, though, should be built to last at least a couple of years on the more budget-friendly end of the spectrum, and the better part of a decade on the higher end (if not longer, provided you take excellent care of it).
Here are some of our favorite barbecue smokers:
The 5 best pizza ovens
A pizza oven is a fantastic investment if you have a knack for dough, or have limited access to quality, wood-fired pizza. Grilling pizza requires just a few ingredients and a quick flash in the pizza oven. The results are untold dollars saved for real pizza devotees that would otherwise be ordering it clad in cardboard several times a week.
Hardwood, wood pellets, charcoal, and propane (among other methods) are all feasible means of making pizza, and we have plenty of recommendations.
Here are some of our favorite pizza ovens:
The best BBQ gloves
The 5 best grill brushes and cleaning tools in 2021
Grilling can be a messy endeavor, but keeping yourself and your grill relatively clean pays off. Regularly cleaning your grill improves its longevity and prevents the harmful build-up of bacteria and rust. Similarly, wearing quality grill gloves will keep your hands safe and clean while handling raw meat and hot cookware.
Here are some of our favorite grilling gloves and tools:
Meat was in short supply during periods of the pandemic. Thankfully, most purveyors have replenished their stock by now, so your grill won’t stand empty. If you want to skip the butcher, we created a list of the best places to buy meat online.
When we spoke with Chef Pat LaFrieda about how to cook the perfect medium rare steak, he told us what we’ve heard from many other chefs: a quality steak is so delicious that it doesn’t need much in terms of preparation. The best way to start a grilling experience is with the best meat.
Seafood is another great option for outdoor cooking, but it can be intimidating to order online. You want to make sure the retailer handles seafood properly, so that fresh or frozen, it tastes delicious. We spent eight months testing seafood and found the best places to buy seafood online.
Other great grilling products to enjoy this spring
Once you have the basics, it’s time to think about grilling extras that will take your experience and meals up a notch. Everyone’s favorite meat expert Pat LaFrieda told Insider Reviews about his must have grill accessories. There’s no substitute for the benefits of a quality meat thermometer or grill spatula.
LaFrieda told Insider Reviews that a meat thermometer is the real key to a great grilling experience. “This whole thing about ‘if you touch it, and it feels like your cheek,’ … I never got that. Stick a thermometer in the center where it’s toughest and where the bone is,” he said.
Okay, so you’ve got a grill. We all have a basic idea of how to operate a grill, but how do you choose what to grill, and how do you know how to set and adjust the temperature? And what about cleaning it? Here are our guides to using and caring for your grill(s).
- Chefs share 5 of the best and 4 of the worst things to do when grilling
- How to cook the perfect medium-rare steak, according to Pat LaFrieda
- Pat LaFrieda shares the 8 grill accessories he can’t do without, and how to use them
Sign up for Insider Reviews’ weekly newsletter for more buying advice and great deals.
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article