Must-know promotions, exits, and hires at firms like Citi, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and Jefferies
- Insider is compiling Wall Street people moves each week.
- Get the latest industry intel here.
- See more stories on Insider’s business page.
Here’s a rundown of news on hires, exits, and promotions from the past week. Are we missing anyone? Let us know.
- Breanne Madigan joined TradeBlock, a crypto trading platform for institutional market participants. A 15-year Goldman veteran, Madigan most recently served as VP of Global Institutional Markets at Ripple.
- $58 billion hedge fund Two Sigma hired Carter Clark Page as its new head of data engineering, Insider reported. He comes to the firm after nearly nine years at Google, where he was a director of engineering.
- Credit asset manager Eagle Point appointed Nate Morse as head corporate trader. He brings over 20 years of industry experience to the role, including his last five years as a credit trader at Aristeia Capital.
- Citi nabbed a 16-year Goldman Sachs alum to lead its newest healthcare “supergroup,” which unites bankers with different but complementary specialties. Chuck Adams joined Citi’s banking, capital markets, and advisory (BCMA) unit as vice chairman and global head of the newly-formed global healthcare, consumer & wellness supergroup, Insider previously reported. Adams was most recently head of west region advisory, leader of west coast healthcare, and head of the Los Angeles office at Goldman.
- Credit Suisse announced in a memo to staff that it appointed Warren Young and Elodie Blanc as co-chief operating officers of its investment bank, per Bloomberg. They are to succeed Amy Hudson, who will assume a newly created role as head of business development, starting July 1. New York-based Young currently serves as operating chief for capital markets and advisory and head of strategy for the investment bank, and London-based Blanc is deputy head of capital markets and advisory for Europe.
- Armando Rubio-Alvarez, a top banker at Credit Suisse and the leader of the firm’s financial institutions franchise in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, is moving to Jefferies, Reuters reported Tuesday. In his new role, Rubio-Alvarez will lead Jefferies’ European responsibilities and will also take on some of the firm’s biggest clients. Rubio-Alvarez’s departure from Credit Suisse follows the departure of Alejandro Przygoda and three other bankers, who are also moving to Jefferies.
- Falguni Desai, Credit Suisse’s global head of strategy and transformation, is leaving the bank, efinancialcareers reported Friday. Desai is joining Microsoft to be a digital strategy advisor.
TPG Capital hired Deirdre Harding as its new in-house legal chief from Goldman Sachs, four months after the departure of its former general counsel, Bloomberg reported. Harding, who most recently served as a managing director and associate general counsel at Goldman in New York, joined TPG last month.
Managing director Marc Pillemer left Blackstone’s strategic capital unit to join Blue Owl (the result of the merger between Owl Rock and Dyal Capital Partners), per Axios.
- Karen Wong is joining State Street Global Advisors this month to be the global head of environmental, social and governance (ESG) and sustainable investing, a newly-created role, the firm announced Wednesday. Previously, Wong was managing director and head of index portfolio management at Mellon Investments Corporation, a subsidiary of BNY Mellon.
- Her hire comes on the heels of a few leadership moves at the firm: Lynn Blake, chief investment officer of global equity beta solutions, will retire at the end of September, and John Tucker, current chief operating officer for investments, will replace her.
Meredith Mazzilli, Alex Morell, Bradley Saacks, and Rebecca Ungarino contributed to this report.
Source: Read Full Article