Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi review: Generous rewards at the bulk retailer and beyond, with a few caveats to consider
This article is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. It has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of the issuers listed. Some of the offers you see on this page are from our partners, like Citi and American Express, but our coverage is always independent.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- Discover one of Citi’s best cash back rewards cards designed exclusively for Costco members
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
- No annual fee with your paid Costco membership and enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Receive an annual credit card reward certificate, which is redeemable for cash or merchandise at U.S. Costco warehouses, including Puerto Rico
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.24%. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
- Generous cash-back categories, especially for gas purchases
- No foreign transaction fee
- You can only receive rewards once per year
- You need to visit a Costco location to redeem rewards for cash back instead of merchandise
Costco Visa card costs and fees
In addition to being free of annual fees, the Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi doesn't charge any foreign transaction fees. However, you should note that you do have to belong to Costco in order to qualify for this credit card. Costco memberships start at $60, which is worth considering if you don't have a membership already and don't plan on shopping at the store very often.
In terms of additional costs, this card comes with an APR of 15.24% (Variable) on purchases. You'll also pay a 3% fee (minimum $5) for balance transfers and a 5% fee (minimum $10) for cash advances. Up to a $40 fee for late payments and returned payments also applies.
Source: Read Full Article