Black Friday 2020: best early UK deals and bargains
The Black Friday sale no longer lasts only a day – retailers have already started discounting in the run-up to 27 November.
Here’s a roundup of some of the offers:
• Tesco is offering a number of deals on toys and video games. Lego sets going for half-price include the Lighthouse Rescue Centre (£27.50 – down from £55) and the Lego City Fire Station (£30 – down from £60). Tesco’s deals are available to pick up instore or online between 24 November and 1 December. There will also be £50 off a Nintendo Switch.
Black Friday: brush up on prices as that ‘deal’ might not be a bargain
• Aldi is running a Black Friday sale online and waiting until the day itself to launch its deals. It is also offering a Nintendo Switch for £229 – £50 off the going rate.
• Halfords is offering 20% off a range of children’s bikes and scooters. Deals include the X-Rated Shockwave kids’ BMX bike (age range 5-7) at £100, down from £130, and the Apollo Craze junior mountain bike at £180, reduced from £225 (age range 8-11).
• Selfridges doesn’t do Black Friday as such, but its “Christmas Comes Early” promotion always takes place at around the same time, and lets you get up to 20% off many items – from Marc Jacobs bags to a Vivienne Westwood bracelet – by simply entering the code SELFCCE at the checkout.
• Cath Kidston’s Black Friday offer (running until the end of the month) is at least 20% off everything, and up to 60% off selected items. There are some big reductions on bags – for example, the London Map backpack and Yellow Spot backpack are both reduced to £25 from £50.
• Vodafone is offering savings on a number of mobile phone pay monthly deals, including what it says is an effective saving of £406 on an iPhone 11 Pro: from £69 to £55 a month for two years, with the upfront cost cut from £99 to £29. Similarly, it says you can save £570 on a Google Pixel 4a (£43 a month down to £23, with the upfront cost reduced from £99 to £9). The pay monthly smartphone deals run until 10pm on Thursday 26 November.
• If you’ve been considering upgrading to pay-TV, Sky’s 50% off deal may save you a fair chunk of change over 18 months. Plans start from £25 a month, plus a £20 one-off setup charge, with Sky Sports and Sky Cinema available at half price.
• Very has a Samsung 55-inch TV reduced by £400 – £1,299 down to £899. The site currently says it is “awaiting stock” but it expects to deliver by 14 December – just in time for the Christmas specials. Also at Very, Apple’s AirPods Pro noise-cancelling headphones are reduced from £249 to £199.
• Nespresso is selling a VertuoPlus coffee maker and Aeroccino 3 milk frother, plus 100 capsules, as a package for £89 until 2 December. The coffee maker on its own has a recommended retail price of £199, although it is currently selling for £99 on the site.
• The Dyson V8 Absolute Pro cordless vacuum is £100 off at the Dyson website until 1 December. It usually costs £399. The similar V8 Absolute Extra is subject to the same offer at Currys and John Lewis.
• Lakeland has a range of deals on kitchen gadgets. A Lavazza Jolie coffee machine with milk frother is half price at £64.99, while a Joseph Joseph Elevate five-piece knife carousel has been reduced to £62.99 (it’s usually £89.99 there but £80 at Dunelm).
• Asda’s Black Friday sale has started, and at the time of writing it was offering a Lego City brick box for £20, which is £15 off the standard price, and a Shark Anti Hair Wrap cordless vacuum cleaner, which was down from £349.96 to £197.
• Argos has offers across a range of items, with deals that stand out including Beats by Dre Studio 3 wireless Headphones Decade Edition reduced from £189.95 to £149.95, and a third off an X Rocker Esport pro stereo audio gaming chair with subwoofer (£99.99 – down from £149.99).
Source: Read Full Article