A look at the global fintech landscape and how countries are embracing digital disruption in financial services
- This is a preview of the Business Insider Intelligence Global Fintech Landscape premium research report. Purchase this report here.
- Business Insider Intelligence offers even more fintech coverage with our Fintech Briefing. Subscribe today to receive industry-changing financial technology news and analysis to your inbox.
The fact that many new players are emerging in the space also suggests that attention is shifting away from the main countries where fintech is prevalent, and that investors are seeing the potential of newer, conventionally untapped markets.
The spread of fintech can be largely seen in the emergence of fintech hubs — cities where startups, talent, and funding congregate — which are proliferating globally in tandem with ongoing disruption in financial services. These hubs are all vying to become established fintech centers in their own right, and want to contribute to the broader financial services ecosystem of the future. Their success depends on a variety of factors, including access to funding and talent, as well as the approach of relevant regulators.
In The Global Fintech Landscape, Business Insider Intelligence compiles various fintech snapshots, which together show the global proliferation of fintech, and illustrate where fintech is starting to mature and where it is just breaking onto the scene. Each snapshot provides an overview of the fintech industry in a particular country, and details what is contributing to or hindering its further development. We also include notable fintechs in each geography, and discuss what the opportunities or challenges are for that particular domestic industry.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- Besides the US and UK, there are plenty of other countries developing strong fintech hubs. Australia, Switzerland, and China, which are profiled in this report, have managed to leverage their stable financial centers of Sydney, Zurich, and Shanghai, respectively, to spur fintech development and attract funding.
- There are also a number of emerging fintech markets, including Brazil, Israel, and Canada, that are likely to play a big part in the global fintech ecosystem in the future. These countries have nascent but rapidly developing fintech hubs, as well as supportive regulatory environments, that could help them cement strong positions in the broader fintech scene.
- Many more fintech hubs will likely morph into big fintech players. This could push investors to increasingly wake up to the opportunities in new markets, leading fintech funding to become more diversified in the future, particularly outside of the UK and US.
In full, the report:
- Outlines how the fintech industry has changed over the past 10 years.
- Details which cities are the most likely to succeed as fintech hubs at present and going forward.
- Highlights notable fintech startups in each of these markets.
- Discusses the potential opportunities and challenges these countries are facing today and in the future.
Interested in getting the full report? Here's how to get access:
- Business Insider Intelligence analyzes the fintech industry and provides in-depth analyst reports, proprietary forecasts, customizable charts, and more. >> Check if your company has BII Enterprise membership access to the full report
- Sign up for the Fintech Briefing, Business Insider Intelligence's expert email newsletter tailored for today's (and tomorrow's) decision-makers in the financial services industry, delivered to your inbox 6x a week. >> Get Started
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
Read the latest banking news and featured articles:
– Banking Industry Trends
– Future of Banking Technology
– Mobile Banking Market
– Banking as a Service Explained
– Digital Banking
– Open Banking & Bank APIs
– Alternative Lending & Nonbanks
– US Neobank Market
Source: Read Full Article